WALTHAM, MA—Boston Real Estate Times, with over 13,500 online and print subscribers, today announced that it will hold its monthly real estate summit on booming “Tansit-Oriented Commercial and Multifamily Developments” in Greater Boston on Jan. 23 at Westin Hotel in Waltham, MA.
“With 68 percent of commercial development projects in the pipeline situated near transit centers, we thought it was a timely topic for our attendees and real estate professionals,” said Upendra Mishra, publisher and editor of Boston Real Estate Times. “We have lined up a group of experts on this topic, and we will be announcing more details about the speakers soon.”
A report from the Metropolitan Area Planning Council (MAPC) said that commercial development is increasingly likely to be built near public transportation.
“From 2010 to 2014, 48 percent of commercial development was within a half-mile of the transit, increasing to 57 percent from 2015 to 2018,” MAPC report said. “Looking out to 2030, 68 percent of commercial development projects in the pipeline are situated near transit.”
Boston Real Estate Times’ Transit-Oriented summit will focus on the following:
- Why transit-oriented development will remain in demand in the future?
- How to identify transit-oriented development sites?
- How to enhance value in existing sites near transit centers?
- Job and commuting trends that will drive the market?
- Private and public partnership on transit-oriented development.
- Design and construction trends and incentives for transit-focused properties.
Here the schedule of the academic real estate summit:
Date: Jan. 23, 2018
Venue: Westin Hotel, Waltham, MA
7:00 am: Registration
7:15 am – 7:50 am: Continental Breakfast & Networking
7:55 am – 9:15 am: Panel discussion
9:15 am – 9:45 am: Networking.
Limited speaking and sponsorship opportunities are available. Please email events@MishraGroup.com