BOSTON – RODE Architects, a collaborative design and architecture firm, announced that it has promoted five of its team members to Associate.
Each of the distinctive individuals were recognized for their dedication to the firm, superior client service and design ability, as well as mentorship and care for the profession. The promotions cover positions across the full range of the firm’s capabilities, from operations to interior design.
“Our team is a truly unique group of individuals, and we inspire each other to achieve success and find the most amazing solutions for our clients. This group in particular represents our best skills, attitude, and sense of service,” said Kevin Deabler, Principal. “It’s important to recognize our leaders as the breadth of our work is increasing. We see these promotions, our very first at RODE, as a critical step in forming the future of firm.”
- Mike DelleFave, AIA, LEED AP has been with RODE since 2014. He brings more than a dozen years of experience to the firm and has dedicated himself to teaching within the firm and at local colleges. DelleFave strives to support the creative energy of the office and fosters collaborative connections across the studio. Key projects he has been involved in include Dorchester Brewing Co., The Flats on Savin, Forbes Street Townhouses, and the mixed-use development at 110 Savin Hill Ave. Originally from Smithfield, RI and now a resident of Dorchester, DelleFave holds a Bachelor of Architecture from the Wentworth Institute of Technology and a Masters from the Pratt Institute.
- Jessica Haley, Associate IIDA has been with RODE more than 5 years and brings 12 years of interior design expertise to the firm. Her unique approach has been realized in a range of project types including hospitality, multi-family, commercial, institutional, and academic research. Her award-winning design work has brought acclaim to the firm’s hospitality projects such as La Brasa, Commonwealth, SRV, Southern Proper, and the Cambria Hotel at 6 West Broadway. Originally from Peterborough, NH, now residing in Boston, Haley holds a BFA from Suffolk University and Masters in Interior Architecture from the Boston Architectural College.
- Lucas Herringshaw, AIA, LEED AP has been with RODE for 3 years and in the industry for nearly 15. Herringshaw’s attention to detail, focus on design integration, technical expertise and project coordination help him lead complex projects including the soon-to-be-finished Cambria Hotel at 6 West Broadway and the anticipated boutique hotel at 150 Kneeland, among others. Originally from Slidell, LA and now a resident of Dorchester, he is a graduate of Tulane University with a Masters in Architecture.
- Shelley Kolesar, PHR is responsible for the firm’s human resources, financials, and overall operations. Kolesar has been with the organization since 2013 and brings close to two decades of professional experience, including industry-specific expertise to help navigate the business forward. At RODE, she has presided over an exciting period of firm-wide growth and cultural transformation. Originally from Ballston Spa, NY, Kolesar now resides in Boston, and is a graduate of the University of New Hampshire.
- Ben Wan was RODE’s first full-time employee and has been impacting the architectural design of the firm’s projects for more than 9 years. He has been a leading team member on RODE’s most complex, transformative projects such as Radian, DOT Block, 105 Washington Street Development, Commonwealth Kitchen at Pearl, and the Appalachian Mountain Club. He also plays a key role in mentoring and fostering the firm’s culture and mission statement. Originally from Billerica, MA and now a resident of Malden, he is a graduate of Northeastern University with a Masters in Architecture.
RODE’s projects have received dozens of industry accolades and awards over the years and RODE was awarded among BostInno’s 50 on Fire in 2016.