West Chesterfield, NH–The Farm at Pond Brook, a grand estate located on 88 acres of land in southern New Hampshire, will be sold at auction without reserve by Platinum Luxury Auctions on Friday, October 15, 2021.
Just 10 minutes from Spofford Lake in West Chesterfield, NH, the 6-bed, 11-bath residence has never been offered for sale. The stunning Georgian Colonial residence boasts spectacular views of the New England landscape and is just two hours from Boston, 90 minutes from Hartford or 4 hours from NYC making it an ideal escape from the city with plenty of room for entertaining. A few key features of the property include:
- Space for Entertaining: Terraces, patios and groomed lawns provide the ideal space for outdoor entertaining and gatherings.
- Outdoor Amenities: A gazebo overlooking the large private pond; outdoor tennis and basketball courts; and maintained trails for hiking and ATVs.
- Rare Glass Roof: A Machin conservatory was installed to enclose the indoor pool and spa by skilled artisans.
- Hand Painted Wall Murals: Artist John C. Traynor hand painted murals in many rooms including the pool, central bedroom and master bath.
- Website: Here
- Property address: 140 Pond Brook Road, West Chesterfield, NH 03466
- Not Previously offered for sale
- Phone: 800.871.9269
- Auction location:
- Live, in-person bidding on-site (address above)
- Remote bidding also available
- Listing brokerage of record: Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate | The Masiello Group
- Listing agent of record: Patricia “Pat” Paquette
- 88-acre estate
- Secluded and private with fenced perimeter
- Outdoor tennis/basketball court and putting green
- Large, private pond
- Gazebo overlooking the pond
- Maintained hiking and ATV trails
- Grand arrival via circular motor court with fountain
- Large rear patio overlooking the lawns
- Detached 4-car garage
- 6 bedrooms, 8 full bathrooms and 3 half-bathrooms
- Georgian colonial style home features a regal brick exterior with Corinthian column accents and a brand-new, custom slate roof
- Family recreation area features a large indoor pool, separate spa and an entertainment lounge complete with a soda fountain and billiards room
- Pool, spa and sunroom boast a Machin conservatory (a style of entirely glass greenhouse beloved in the United Kingdom for its bow-end roofline)
- Grand foyer includes two-story Ionic columns and features a stunning Schonbek crystal chandelier
- Butterfly staircase leads a to a spacious living/dining area with floor-to-ceiling windows, offering stunning view of the New England landscape
- Master wing includes:
- Large suite with walls of windows, a fireplace and a private balcony
- Master bath with large, jetted tub with bow window overlooking grounds, spacious shower
- Formal dining room features a fireplace, intricate ceiling medallion and walk out access to the rear terrace
- Studio apartment over attached garage with private side entrance
- Pool, dining room, central bathroom and master bath all have hand painted wall murals by artist John C Traynor.
- Family kitchen includes Thermador dual wall ovens, 4-burner electric cooktop, Sub-Zero refrigerator, double sinks, center island with raised bar and walk-in pantry
- Attached, 3-car garage
- Private elevator serving all three levels
- The property is located 10 minutes from Spofford Lake, a 732-acre body of water where several celebrities spend their summers
- Located approximately 90 minutes from Hartford, 2 hours from Boston and 4 hours from New York City
- Pine Grove Spring golf course, Keene County Club and Keene Airport are a short drive away.