WALTHAM, MA – Building Engines, the commercial real estate industry’s on-demand property management operations software, announced the release of its enhanced tenant services mobile app, “The Hive.”
Building on the success of Building Engines’ previous tenant mobile app, The Hive enhances the tenant experience through improved convenience and customer service delivery. With this new mobile enhancement, commercial real estate (CRE) managers will improve tenant engagement while increasing satisfaction and retention.
Powered by The Hive’s tenant-centered mobile capabilities, tenants can register visitors, submit service requests, review and approve estimates, as well as receive urgent updates and promotional broadcast messages from building management – anywhere, at any time.
“Commercial property managers know that an improved tenant experience and deeper tenant engagement lead to increased satisfaction and higher tenant retention; however, only 20 percent of them believe they have the necessary tools to increase retention,” said Jody Saarmaa, Vice President, Product Management of Building Engines. “Our goal with The Hive is to give managers those tools. By empowering their tenants with greater visibility and control over their working environment through anywhere, anytime access to Building Engines’ tenant-facing capabilities, we’re confident that building managers will enhance tenant engagement, increase satisfaction and, ultimately, improve tenant retention.”
The Building Engines 2016 Tenant Relationship Management (TRM) Survey Benchmark Report revealed that 54% of CRE professionals believe that modern property communication tools, such as mobile apps and online work order systems, increase tenant satisfaction. The report also confirmed that giving tenants mobile tools to identify problems and access resources tops CRE professionals’ wish lists.
The Hive provides tenants and their building managers with a modern, mobile means to instantly communicate with management, address building issues and access resources whenever they may need them and wherever they may be. It includes new features that enable CRE professionals to improve tenant satisfaction and build stronger tenant relationships, including:
• Enabling urgent and value-added communication such as urgent broadcast messages, building updates, and simple promotional offers and coupons for the property and nearby retailers/restaurants.
• Streamlining service request submissions by accommodating the realities of the new mobile tenant workforce and meeting their needs for transparency with on-demand access to service request status and an integrated ability to share feedback. This release empowers tenants to report concerns from anywhere, giving property managers a jump on property-related issues before they become emergencies.
• Empowering more tenant users to submit work orders from anywhere at any time. By providing office managers with tools that enable them to quickly review and approve work orders and estimates, The Hive allows them to improve employee satisfaction.
• Staying on top of office visitors with mobile visitor scheduling, watch lists and more.
• Streamlining resource reservations by enabling tenants to reserve conference rooms and loading docks right from their mobile phones.