In his bestseller Buy It, Rent It, Profit! (2009), author and real estate expert Bryan Chavis showed readers how to become successful real estate investors, providing all the forms, facts, and practical advice they needed. In The Landlord Entrepreneur (Touchstone Trade Paperback; September 5, 2017; 978-1-5011-4718-0; $20.00), Chavis builds upon his expert advice to provide an advanced course in property management, demonstrating how to create a business that doesn’t depend on the market or a real estate bubble.
Using practical advice, anecdotes, and the many lessons learned while creating his multi-million dollar real estate portfolio, Chavis walks readers through the process of building a property management business from scratch.
The Landlord Entrepreneur explains the importance of calling yourself an entrepreneur, and not simply a real estate agent, and shares stories of some of the many people who have taken his guidance and built successful companies. Chavis is an inspiring figure, having overcome serious personal challenges (including a brain tumor) to create his business.
He is CE certified, and his expertise comes through clearly in this book. With its straightforward, actionable advice, The Landlord Entrepreneur is sure to be a key tool for any aspiring real estate investor.
Here is just some of what you’ll find in The Landlord Entrepreneur:
- Tips for evaluating potential opportunities for rental property.
- Types of property management companies, and the pros and cons for each.
- What is the SEOTA process? How does a property manager use it to help their clients?
- How technology has changed the industry.
- Templates for every document a landlord needs, all in one place.
- Introduction to accounting
- How to differentiate yourself from other property management companies .
Chavis is the founder of both The Landlord Property Management Academy and of Chavis Realty and Property Management 365 Franchise. He lives in Tampa, Florida, with his family.