BOSTON— Topping off ceremony for The Auerbach Center at New Balance World Headquarters, the Boston Celtics’ new practice facility at Boston Landing, was held this week.
Located at 40 Guest Street in Boston, the Auerbach Center will be the latest dramatic element at Boston Landing — at 55 feet in the air cantilevered out to the edge of the Mass Pike. The Celtics’ new practice facility will be highly visible from the Massachusetts Turnpike with a forty foot glass wall enclosing the practice courts that face the approximately 130,000 daily commuters. The practice facility will encompass approximately 70,000 square feet.
Officials who attended the ceremony included Ted Dalton, Senior Vice President, Partnerships & Business Development, Boston Celtics; Boston Martin J. Walsh; Mark Clinard, Vice President of Global Footwear, New Balance; and Robert Graham, Director, NB Development Group.
The Boston Landing Development is a 15-acre site in the Allston Brighton neighborhood of Boston. Here are more details:
- 40 Guest is a unique and iconic building that will be approximately 160,000sf and be the home of the new Boston Celtics world-class practice and training facility named THE AUERBACH CENTER AT NEW BALANCE WORLD HEADQUARTERS and other new lab and research space. 40 Guest will also include 5,800sf of restaurant/retail. Construction will be completed in June of 2018.
- The New Balance World Headquarters is approximately 250,000 square feet. The Headquarters building is used for New Balance’s corporate offices.
- The Warrior Ice Arena opened in September 2016 and is the new home of the Boston Bruins Training and Practice Facility. The office component of 80 Guest Street includes approximately 245,000 sf of office/lab space and is currently available for lease. At full build-out, retail and restaurant space will encompass approximately 80,000 square feet.
- Athlete’s Park at Boston Landing is open to all tenants of Boston Landing as well as the community. The park consists of an acre of green and plaza space.
- Residential complex made up of 295 units that include a mix of unit sizes, a range of amenities and 16,000sf of street level retail. Construction will be completed in June of 2018.
- The new Boston Landing at Allston Brighton Commuter Rail Station, along the Framingham/Worcester line ending at South Station, opened in May 2017. Commuter rail is the lynchpin to the Boston Landing development in that it expands the choice of transportation options to the site thereby unlocking the economic development potential of a burgeoning district. In addition, the Station returns commuter rail to the Allston Brighton neighborhood that has long been underserved by public transportation.
- 60 Guest Street is a future development that will include approximately 320,000sf of office/lab space that will be marketed to corporate office, healthcare, technology, and research uses. A boutique Hotel that will include approximately 175 rooms is part of a future phase of development.
- A Sports Complex with a track and field component, other sports uses, and ground floor retail is part of a future phase of development. Approximately 1.4 acres of publically-accessible open space.
- Significant improvements to local roadways and public infrastructure, including the creation of new streets.
- The South Parking Garage that recently underwent significant renovations and upgrades, including an additional level of parking added to the structure, a façade improvement, and a new elevator tower.