BOSTON— The Boston Landing residential team announced the new name and pre-leasing schedule for the residential tower at Boston Landing, a 17-story, 295-unit luxury apartment high-rise near the New Balance global headquarters.
The apartment building will be known as “Lantera”. This is the latest milestone for Lantera, which begins pre-leasing tours in mid-March and will open to residents in May 2018.
Designed by Elkus Manfredi Architects, Lantera offers a mixture of studios, one, two and three-bedrooms, and includes 38 on-site affordable units. Lantera offers expansive views of downtown Boston and Cambridge, 16,500 square feet of ground floor retail with restaurants and specialty shops, a 20,000-square-foot outdoor courtyard with a pool, cabanas, space for yoga and fitness classes, above-grade parking, active lounges, a pet grooming room, bicycle storage and bike repair stations.
Lantera is strategically positioned in Boston’s Allston-Brighton neighborhood adjacent to the newly opened Boston Landing MBTA commuter rail station, directly connecting residents to downtown Boston. Lantera residents will be in close proximity to the Charles River and local parks, Stop & Shop supermarket, an abundance of restaurants in nearby Brighton Center, and convenient access to Soldiers Field Road, Storrow Drive and the Massachusetts Turnpike in addition to 80,000-square-feet of retail, restaurants and sports-based amenities at Boston Landing.
Within just two miles there are a multitude of higher education institutions, including Boston College, Boston University, Harvard University, Harvard Business School and MIT.
Home to the New Balance World Headquarters, the 15.2-acre mixed-use development at Boston Landing also includes the Boston Bruins Practice and Training Facility at NB’s recently opened Warrior Ice Arena. The Boston Celtics are set to relocate their Practice and Training Facility to Boston Landing with opening scheduled for Summer 2018.
Recently opened dining and retail options at Boston Landing include Rail Stop Restaurant & Bar, Kohi Coffee Company, Flatbread Company Brighton and Brighton Bowl, the New Balance Flagship store, NB Fitness Club and Cambridge Naturals (opening Summer 2018). Bose Corporation, Roche Diagnostics, Proteostatis Therapeutics and Mass Innovation Labs are also located at Boston Landing. Future plans call for a Sports Complex where the New Balance Elite Running Team will have access to state-of-the-art training space, including one of the world’s fastest, hydraulically-banked indoor running tracks.
- Direct access to Boston Landing’s dynamic new neighborhood which boasts restaurants, bars, shopping and Athletes Park
- Poised on the Mass Pike and easily accessible from anywhere in the city via the Boston Landing T commuter rail stop, only 3 stops from downtown Boston and 1 stop from Fenway Park
- Pet friendly building with indoor/outdoor dog park and pet spa
- Outdoor pool deck with cabanas, private grilling stations complete with outdoor dining, fire pits, and bocce court
- Fit Studio with on-demand fitness training, Peloton bikes and yoga room
- “The Veranda” open gathering space with fireplace lounge, demonstration kitchen, bar and gaming area
- “The Grounds” Zen garden
- “Loft18” lounge and rooftop terrace with exceptional views
- “Tech bar” work from home space
- Bicycle storage and repair station
- Covered, controlled access, on-site parking with electric car charging stations available
- Top notch concierge services, package concierge and ButterflyMX virtual doorman
- Light and dark color options within the apartment homes, with quartz countertops, floor to ceiling windows and keyless entry.