BOSTON – RODE Architects announced five promotions as the firm deepens its leadership team and diversifies its project portfolio.
Michael DelleFave has been named Studio Director; Lucas Herringshaw and Ruthie Kuhlman have been promoted to Senior Associates; Nick Ruggeri has been named Associate; and Deidre Lamoureux has been promoted to Associate and Director of Finance.
“The evolution of our leadership structure with these five promotions is a demonstration of RODE’s growth and trajectory as we kick off 2024,” said Eric Robinson, principal and co-founder of the firm. “We’re thrilled that Mike, Lucas, Ruthie, Nick and Deidre will continue to be core members of our team in these expanded roles.”
As Studio Director — a new role born out of his passion for design and mentorship — DelleFave will ensure that the firm’s portfolio continues to meet a high caliber of design by engaging its staff’s diverse talents and pushing a process that has consistently delivered strong, concept-driven work. Herringshaw and Kuhlman have distinguished themselves through leadership within the studio, and as Senior Associates they will guide and direct firm-wide initiatives towards RODE’s goals. Ruggeri’s promotion celebrates his long dedication to the firm, and his strength in project delivery. Lamoureux’s proficiency in managing the firm’s core operations has been crucial to RODE’s recent success.
“Since founding RODE nearly 20 years ago, we’ve prioritized fostering a culture that allows for the unique creative talents of each individual to contribute meaningfully to our work,” said Kevin Deabler, principal and co-founder of RODE. “We’re proud to acknowledge the achievements of these key team members, and empower them to continue shaping RODE’s evolution and recognition in the industry.”
- Michael DelleFave, AIA, is a registered architect, project manager and senior project designer with more than 17 years of industry experience. His broad range of project types includes Passive House, single-family, multi-family, adaptive reuse, commercial, and community-based projects. A graduate of Wentworth Institute of Technology in Boston and Pratt Institute in Brooklyn, he joined RODE in 2014 and continues to contribute to the growth of the next generation of architects as a member of the design faculty at several Boston-area colleges and through his mentorship of RODE design staff.
- Lucas Herringshaw, AIA, brings project coordination experience and attention to detail to RODE, drawing on his experience working on a variety of project types and scales. Lucas, who joined RODE in 2015, pushes design excellence with rigor and dedication, honed through his 20 years of architectural experience. Lucas earned his Master of Architecture Degree at Tulane University.
- Ruthie Kuhlman, AIA, has worked across multiple scales and project types as both an architect and an engineer. A member of the RODE team since 2017, she brings a passion for problem solving through thoughtful contextual design with experience in museum, hospitality and multi-family residential projects. Ruthie holds a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from Rice University and a Master of Architecture from the Boston Architectural College, and is a member of the adjunct faculty at the BAC.
- Nick Ruggeri, AIA, is a registered Architect with more than 10 years of experience in a broad range of projects including multi-family residential, hotels, high-rise, restaurants, light industrial, adaptive reuse, and commercial spaces. He joined RODE in 2015 after graduating from Kansas State University with a Master’s in Architecture and a Minor in Urban Planning.
- Deidre Lamoureux joined RODE in 2018 as an accounting manager. With more than 25 years leading the finance departments at some of Boston’s leading design firms, she brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to RODE.