CHICAGO–Prudential Capital Group has provided more than $7.1 billion to companies and projects worldwide in the first two quarters of 2017.
This milestone represents an increase of $1.8 billion compared to the first half of 2016, and an almost doubling in investments outside of North America. Prudential Capital Group is the private placement arm of PGIM, the $1.1 trillion global investment management business of Prudential Financial, Inc. (NYSE: PRU).
“This has clearly been a very busy six-month period for Prudential Capital Group,” said Allen Weaver, senior managing director and head of Prudential Capital Group. “We experienced high levels of investment activity across all of our four origination platforms; especially, our international platform—Pricoa Capital Group, which originates and manages investments outside North America.”
- $6.5 billion of investment grade investments; $538 million of below investment grade investments; $155 million of mezzanine and private equity investments
- $2.1 billion in North American Corporate Finance investments
- $3.2 billion invested primarily in the U.K., Europe, Latin America and Australia
- Approximately $1.1 billion invested in the energy sector
- Approximately $719 million in other key sectors such as global infrastructure and equipment financing
Prudential Capital Group has been a leading provider of private capital to companies for more than 75 years. Managing a portfolio of nearly $80 billion as of June 30, 2017, Prudential Capital offers senior debt and junior capital, leveraged leases, and equipment financing to companies and projects worldwide.