BOSTON – Planet Fitness, one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers with more members than any other fitness brand, announced its newest club in the Boston neighborhood of Hyde Park is now open.
It is located in The Shops at Riverwood at 912 River Street, Suite 100, and will be Planet Fitness’ seventh location in Boston.
Through June 30, new members can join for $1 down and $10 a month, with no commitment. Planet Fitness invites new members to come into the new club for a tour and to sign up in-person, or online at https://www.planetfitness.com/gyms/hyde-park-ma. Planet Fitness Hyde Park is open and staffed 24 hours a day from Monday at 12 a.m. through 10 p.m. on Friday, and then 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
The new Planet Fitness in Hyde Park is 15,500 sq. feet and offers the following features and amenities:
- 70 state of the art pieces of cardio equipment
- 92 pieces of expansive strength and free weights equipment
- FREE fitness training through the pe @ pf® program
- Dedicated stretching and abs area
- Training area equipped with the PF 30-Minute Express Circuit, PF SYNRGY 360 Functional Training System including TRX equipment, kettlebells and much more
- Free WiFi
- In-console televisions on all cardio equipment
- Private locker rooms, changing areas, day lockers and modern individual showers
- Private Black Card® Spa for PF Black Card® members
- 2 salon grade tanning beds and 1 red light therapy booth
- 3 HydroMassage Loungers, 2 massage chairs
“After two years that reinforced how important both physical and mental wellness is for all of us, the addition of another location in Boston, this time in Hyde Park, makes perfect sense. We are excited to continue to expand our Boston footprint and to add a Planet Fitness to this vibrant neighborhood that needs more fitness options,” said James Innocenti, Chief Operations Officer, PF Supreme LLC. “We always aim to create a workout environment where everyone feels accepted and respected in our brand-new, state-of-the art and exceptionally clean fitness centers and look forward to welcoming the Hyde Park community.”
The PF Black Card® is the most popular membership (through June 30, available for $1 down and $24.99 a month, cancel anytime.) It provides a vast array of additional benefits to members such as the ability to bring a guest every day to the club at no additional charge, access to all 2,200 Planet Fitness locations, as well as access to the Black Card® Spa, a member favorite after a workout.
Enhanced COVID-19 safety and sanitization protocols at its well-ventilated and spacious clubs include:
- Touchless check-in via the free Planet Fitness App
- A Crowd Meter on the Planet Fitness App that allows members to check club capacity in real-time before even leaving the house
- Increased sanitization to continually clean and sanitize high-touch areas, with cleaning stations available for member use
- Mask and vaccination requirement policies in accordance with local guidelines
Planet Fitness offers extremely low prices and a variety of benefits, including a hassle-free environment, brand name cardio and strength equipment, fully equipped locker rooms, flat screen televisions and much more. The free Planet Fitness App, available to members and non-members alike, puts more than 1,000 exercises right in your pocket with routines for all levels and interests.