BOSTON— Newmark announced the recent completion of seven leases totaling more than 30,000 square feet at 211 Congress Street in Boston’s Financial District.
Newmark Senior Managing Directors Jason Cameron and Jim Brady and Associate Liam O’Connor serve as exclusive leasing advisors for the property, representing the asset owner, an affiliate of New York-based Drucker Associates (“Drucker”), in the transactions.
The asset is managed by Deb Werth of Lincoln Property Company.
“We are thrilled to have leased more than 30,000 square feet over the past 12 months to such quality tenants,” said Cameron. “This strong leasing momentum demonstrates Drucker’s enthusiasm and ability to make the investments necessary to complete deals in the current leasing environment and speaks to the building’s great location and amenities—factors that resonate with the tenant base in today’s market.”
“We are honored to have been selected by such quality companies to provide their Boston office needs. This validates our commitment to continuously invest in prime assets and to partner with great local management companies and leasing teams. We would like to thank all those in the brokerage community who have helped us in the lease-up effort,” said Harvey Drucker of Drucker Associates.
The recent leases completed by the Newmark team include:
· Comniscient Technologies, LLC signed a renewal and expansion for 10,769 square feet. The tenant was represented by Patrick Nugent of JLL.
· RMF Engineering signed a lease for 3,727 square feet. The tenant was represented by Mary Patalita of Cushman & Wakefield.
· NBW Capital leased 3,643 square feet. The tenant was represented by Andrew Orpik of Cresa.
· Invenomics signed a direct renewal and expansion for 3,494 square feet.
· An affiliate of Westbrook Partners signed a direct renewal for 3,448 square feet. Drucker purchased the asset from Westbrook in 2018, and Westbrook has maintained their Boston office in the asset since.
· Red Bull signed a lease for 3,403 square feet. The tenant was represented by Lauria Brennan of Cushman & Wakefield.
· Better Bagels signed a lease for 1,853 square feet of retail space.
211 Congress Street is an architecturally significant, 11-story, 80,000-square-foot office building located on a prime corner in Boston’s Financial District. Building amenities include a tenant lounge, conference center, a gym with lockers and showers and bicycle storage. Better Bagels, Starbucks and FedEx Office, Print & Ship Center are all on-site. The building overlooks Post Office Square and offers three sides of natural light.
Centrally located on the corner of High Street and Congress Street, 211 Congress is just a five-minute walk to subway and commuter rail trains and two buses at South Station. It offers easy access to Interstate 93, the Massachusetts Turnpike and many parking options. Tenants enjoy access to numerous shopping and dining choices, including the Seaport and Downtown Crossing districts, as well as the newly opened High Street Place Food Hall next door.