NEEDHAM, MA – NAIOP Massachusetts, the Commercial Real Estate Development Association, has launched its first-ever certification program.
The Certified Professional in Commercial Real Estate Certificate is a voluntary certification designed for CRE professionals who are looking to advance their careers by increasing industry knowledge.
As part of the NAIOP MA’s commitment to developing and diversifying the industry, this new educational opportunity helps those who want to broaden their understanding of the field, as well as connect them with their peers as they move ahead in their careers.
“Our membership cites talent recruitment and retention as a top issue that keeps them up at night, and this educational path can help increase the available qualified workforce,” said Reesa Fischer, Executive Director of NAIOP Massachusetts. “At the same time the Certificate program also gives employers a great training perk to offer their existing teams who may not have been exposed to these areas of study before”
To receive a certificate, participants must complete four core courses and two elective courses offered through NAIOP Massachusetts University.
Certificates will be presented each year at the Annual Forecast in November in front of an audience of close to 400 CRE professionals. The eligible course offerings include:
- Real Estate Development Fundamentals (Offered March 22 & 29, 2019)
- Introduction to Construction Management (Offered May 10 & 17, 2019)
- Commercial Leasing (Offered August 15, 2019)
- Navigating the Permitting Maze (Offered September 20 & 27, 2019)
- Real Estate Finance Fundamentals (Offered October 4 + 11, 2019)
· Negotiating Skills: Art, Science or Luck (Offered November 15, 2019)
· Anatomy of a Building (Offered October 25, 2019)
· Argus Enterprise Training (Offered June 10, 2019)
NAIOP Massachusetts represents the interests of companies involved with the development, ownership, management, and financing of commercial properties. NAIOP’s 1,700 members are involved with more than 250 million square feet of office, research & development, industrial, mixed use, multifamily, retail and institutional space. In addition to providing education and networking opportunities, NAIOP advances the interests of the industry and advocates for effective public policy.