Boston– Today, Cottonwood Group joined Mayor Martin J. Walsh, John Moriarty & Associates (JMA) and elected officials to celebrate the topping off of 133 Seaport – A Regent Collection, the first condominium tower at EchelonSeaport, a 3.5-acre, 1.33 million square-foot mixed-use development on Seaport Boulevard.
Once complete, the highly-anticipated project will deliver 447 luxury condominiums, 270 rental apartments, more than 60,000 square feet of unprecedented indoor and outdoor private residential amenity space, 125,000 square feet of destination retail and dining, and a signature public courtyard to Boston’s most vibrant neighborhood. This construction milestone marks the completion of the steel structure for 133 Seaport – A Regent Collection, which is to be delivered in Fall 2019.
“Today is a significant milestone for EchelonSeaport, a development designed not only to be a key anchor to the District but also to serve as the true heartbeat of the Seaport community,” said Alexander Shing, Chairman and CEO of Cottonwood Group. “EchelonSeaport is introducing a new urban resort lifestyle to Boston’s most vibrant neighborhood, and this ceremony is a testament to the creativity, diligence, and hard work of all parties involved.”
EchelonSeaport has been designed by a renowned team of architects including Kohn Pedersen Fox (KPF), CBT, and Jeffrey Beers International. The property’s distinctive stepped-tower design, expansive terraces and signature public courtyard not only reference the historic fabric of the City’s architecture but also encourage connectivity to the community through the creation of a public signature gathering space at the heart of Boston’s Seaport District.
Unprecedented residential amenity spaces will serve as an extension of each resident’s home, including two outdoor pools, an indoor pool, two sky lounges, an array of entertaining spaces, a fitness center and spa, a golf simulator, and even a half basketball court. EchelonSeaport’s two levels of architecturally-distinctive retail, to be owned and managed by WS Development, will blend eclecticism, superior quality and a spectacular courtyard setting to create an unparalleled gathering spot and destination for the Seaport District and the City of Boston.
From construction to occupancy, EchelonSeaport is infused with creativity, diligence and innovation:
- EchelonSeaport’s elegant, unique stepped-tower design pays tribute to the historic architectural fabric of Boston’s signature townhouses and introduces a wealth of amenities, outdoor spaces and terraces at an unprecedented scale for urban resort living in the City.
- EchelonSeaport will be the first residential project in Boston to integrate an on-site Innovation Center for residents to work, learn, collaborate, inspire and be inspired.
- EchelonSeaport re-introduces the iconic global luxury brand Regent founded by legendary hotelier Robert H. Burns back to North America
- EchelonSeaport’s team of more than 200 construction and design professionals have worked to plan, engineer, manage and build approximately 10,000 tons of steel, with over 14,500 individual pieces based on 33,000 shop drawings.
- EchelonSeaport’s site logistics have been expertly tuned with four tower cranes on site simultaneously and will be ramping up to 1,000 tradespeople on site per day at peak.
Once open, EchelonSeaport will usher in a new level of urban resort living – Luxurious, Connected, Informed – all in Boston’s hottest neighborhood.
“The EchelonSeaport development will add to our housing goals, as we work to ensure new buildings contribute to Boston’s affordable housing stock,” said Boston Mayor Martin J. Walsh. “Through this project, Boston will gain $3.2 million to support our Inclusionary Development Policy Fund, which will help support new affordable housing, and will add over $1 million to the NeighborhoodHousing Trust and Neighborhood Jobs Trust. I’m excited about the collaboration that made this project possible as we continue to make homeownership opportunities available throughout every neighborhood in Boston.”
Complementing the innovations and community experience, EchelonSeaport has teamed with Regent Hotels and Resorts to establish its renowned 5-star white glove service for the condominium residences — all dedicated and tailored to homeowners, without the distraction of a hotel on site. As the new five-star flagship for Intercontinental Hotel Group (IHG), Regent’s national and international reach further provides extraordinary benefits worldwide for EchelonSeaport residents.
133 Seaport – A Regent Collection is due to open at the end of 3Q 2019, and 135 Seaport – A Regent Collection, the second condominium tower, in 4Q 2019. The multifamily residences will follow in early 2020.