BOSTON–Nineteen companies from across Massachusetts that are finalists for the 2019 Team Massachusetts Economic Impact Awards for their outstanding contributions to the Massachusetts economy will present one-minute pitches to a panel of judges and business leaders describing their growth in the Bay State.
Finalists becoming awardees will be honored at the 16th Annual Team Massachusetts Economic Impact Awards Luncheon on November 26th in Boston.
WHERE – Nutter McClennen & Fish LLP, 155 Seaport Blvd., Boston, 02210
WHEN – 5-6:30 p.m. Thursday, September 19.
WHO – Featured Speaker MassDevelopment President and CEO Lauren Liss, MassEcon members and staff, and the 19 finalists, spanning Greater Boston to Western Massachusetts, ranging in size and drawn from hospitality/entertainment, technology, life sciences, food and beverage, software, manufacturing and more.
The finalists collectively have added more than 6,200 jobs to the Commonwealth, invested more than $3.2 billion, and expanded their facilities by more than 4,000,000 square feet since January 2018. MassEcon selected the finalists based on their job growth, facility expansion, and investment, and community involvement.
“The finalists for the 2019 Team Massachusetts Economic Impact Awards represent the state-wide strength of the Commonwealth’s economy,” said Stephen P. Flavin, Chair of the MassEcon Board of Directors and Vice President and Dean for Academic and Corporate Engagement at Worcester Polytechnic Institute. “MassEcon looks forward to honoring the winners and all who excelled at our annual event in the fall.”
- Encore Boston Harbor – Everett: Luxury hotel resort accommodations, five-star dining, gaming, shopping, and more.
- Luminoso – Boston: Text analytics AI-based technology company ,with roots at the MIT Media Lab, that helps clients analyze large amounts of unstructured data
- Servier Pharmaceuticals – Boston: Commercial-stage biotech company with treatments for patients with acute lymphoblastic leukemia
- Smartsheet – Boston: Leading cloud-based platform for work execution, enabling teams and organizations to plan, capture, manage, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes
- Cogmedix – West Boylston: Medical device manufacturing company with a niche in laser and optical equipment, dental and aesthetic lasers
- Insulet – Acton: Global leader in tubeless insulin pump technology with new headquarters and U.S. manufacturing facility in Acton
- Process Cooling Systems – Leominster: Designs, builds, and installs large-scale chilled water systems/industrial cooling systems for manufacturing businesses
- Cedars Foods – Haverhill: Producer of hummus and other Mediterranean foods for major retailers/supermarkets, with a new manufacturing facility to double its annual productions output
- ClearMotion – Billerica: Global leader in active motion control technology that replaces a car’s shock absorbers with powerful, fast-acting software and actuators that pull/push each wheel
- H. Cann & Associates – North Andover: Certified woman-owned/family-owned and operated organization that provides call center, answering, debt collection, and loan resolution services for student loans
- Plenus Group – Lowell: Soup and sauce manufacturer and go-to product development specialists for private label products served, utilized, and sold across a broad range of foodservice applications.
- Agri-Mark – West Springfield: Plant makes butter sold under Agri-Mark’s Cabot brand name and under store-brand names for Big Y, Stop & Shop and Hannaford and others.
- Berkshire Food Co-op – Great Barrington: Founded by local families who wanted to provide to provide the community with a place to shop, gather, eat, and learn by offering good food and sustainable products at reasonable prices through cooperative ownership and responsible business practices
- Pilot Precision Products – South Deerfield: World’s largest supplier of industrial broaches and small, round cutting tools from duMONT Minute Man® Industrial Broaches and Hassay Savage broaching tools, and is the exclusive American distributor of Magafor® and GMauvaisUSATM products
- enVerid Systems – Westwood: Develops and manufactures highly advanced air cleaning systems for commercial buildings that enable significant reduction in energy use and improved indoor air quality
- Knife & Son – Kingston: Wholesale distributor of beer, ale, porter, and other malt beverages with an expanded facility to efficiently manage the storage and selection process for young and more well-known brands
- Radio Solutions, Inc. – Norwell: Manufactures, designs, installs, and supports in-building wireless communications systems for emergency responders such as Fire, Police and EMS
- Raw Seafoods – Fall River: Family-owned and operated company established in 1998 that manufactures and distributes fresh and frozen commodity and value added seafood products. Customers include Club Stores, high end retailers, broad line distributors, and specialty wholesale distributors throughout North America
- Siemens Healthineers – East Walpole: Leading medical technology company in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics, molecular medicine, digital health, and enterprise services, with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents globally.
Citizens Bank is the Presenting Sponsor of the 16th Annual Team Massachusetts Economic Impact Awards. WPI and CBRE are Gold Sponsors.
Bringing the public and private sectors together, MassEcon champions Massachusetts as the best place to start, grow, or locate a business. A statewide economic development association, MassEcon works as a partner with local, regional, and state economic development organizations to attract new businesses to Massachusetts and assist those here as they grow.
Team Massachusetts is the informal name given to a consortium of state and quasi-public economic development agencies, such as MassDevelopment, Mass Office of Business Development, MOITI, and the Mass Life Sciences Center, as well as private sector organizations focused on economic development in Massachusetts, such as MassEcon, MassBio, and MassMedic.