BOSTON –Margulies Perruzzi released a new report on the challenges facing commercial real estate and building design due to COVID-19.
In the spring of 2020, Margulies Perruzzi surveyed thousands of industry professionals to gain an understanding of the impact that Covid-19 had on the office environment. This report is being continuously updated to share the current thought leadership on the nature of work and how it is evolving.
The report covers topics such as:
- What are the new challenges landlords face?
- What will tenants ask of landlords?
- How much real estate will tenants look for?
- How might amenities change in size?
- What new design concepts can separate you from your competition?
- What are the new technologies to manage space?
The report says that landlords will the face the following challenges when tenants return: Complying with social distancing in common areas spaces; Increase of security/safety protocols; Increase of HVAC performance and outside air intake; Providing hands-free options; Reduction in public transportation use; Reduction of on-site employees by tenants.
The firm’s research is available online and as a downloadable PDF at https://bit.ly/3cL4GVE.