WASHINGTON, D.C. – The International Bridge, Tunnel and Turnpike Association (IBTTA) announced that Raytheon has been awarded a 2017 Toll Excellence Award for Private Sector Innovation. The 2017 IBTTA Toll Excellence Award Winners are revolutionizing mobility for drivers around the globe by implementing cutting-edge solutions to 21st century transportation challenges.
The annual awards presented by IBTTA, recognize innovative strategies to help ease traffic flow, relieve congestion and increase safety for the global driving public. The awards are presented in the following categories: Administration and Finance; Customer Service and Marketing; Social Responsibility; Technology; Toll Operations, Engineering and Maintenance; and Private Sector Innovation.
“Whether you are driving in Massachusetts or Dubai, the goals of providing customers with greater mobility and safety remain the same,” said Emanuela Stocchi, President, IBTTA. “Raytheon, and the other award winners are implementing solutions to complex, global transportation challenges.”
Recipients of the 2017 IBTTA International Toll Excellence Awards are:
- Indiana Toll Road Concession Company (Indiana) – Administration and Finance
- State Road and Tollway Authority (Georgia) – Customer Service and Marketing Outreach
- North Texas Tollway Authority (Texas) – Social Responsibility
- Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission (Pennsylvania) – Technology
- Road and Transport Authority (Dubai, United Arab Emirate) – Toll Operations, Engineering and Maintenance
- Raytheon (Massachusetts) – Private Sector Innovation.
The awards will be presented during IBTTA’s 85th Annual Meeting and Exhibition, September 10-12 in Atlanta, Georgia and one recipient will be honored with the prestigious President’s Award for excellence.